Preparation for Hurricane Lane
August 24th, 2018
Update: Friday, August 24, 6:30 a.m. (HST)
Due to road closures caused by the wildfire and Hurricane Lane our offices are currently closed.
We would like to remind all guests to familiarize yourself and follow your resort's emergency procedures in the event they are needed. Power outages are occuring and expected throughout the storm. The National Weather Service has Extended the Flash Flood Watch for Maui County, in effect until Saturday afternoon and the Hurricane Warning remains in effect. To see all emergency alerts, please visit the Maui County Web site. Additional informational resources are below.
- Maui County Alert Center: https://www.mauicounty.gov/AlertCenter.aspx?CID=Emergency-Civil-Defense-...
- Sign up for Maui County Emergency Notifications: https://www.mauicounty.gov/983/Active-Advisories-Watches-Notification-S
- Hurricane Preparedness Courtesy of Maui County: https://www.mauicounty.gov/260/Hurricane-Preparedness-and-Safety-Info
Local Television Stations
- Fox Affiliate – KHON – Channel 2 or 1003 (High Definition)http://khon2.com/
- ABC Affiliate – KITV – Channel 4 or 1006 (High Definition)https://www.kitv.com/
- NBC Affiliate – KHNL – Channel 8 or 1008 (High Definition)http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/
- CBS Affiliate –KGMB – Channel 9 or 1007 (High Definition)http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/
- Maui County Civil Defense – http://www.mauicounty.gov/civildefense
- National Weather Service Central Pacific Hurricane Center – http://www.prh.noaa.gov/cphc/
- The Maui News – Maui’s local newspaper – http://mauinews.com/
- Maui Now – http://mauinow.com/
- StarAdvertiser – Honolulu’s local newspaper – https://www.staradvertiser.com/
- Hawaii Weather Today – http://www.hawaiiweathertoday.com
- Central Pacific Hurricane Center: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/cphc/?satellite
- KSSK (Oahu) 92.3 FM / 590 AM
- KMVI (Maui) 550 AM
- KAOI (Maui) 95.1 FM / 97.7 FM (Westside)
Previous Post (August 21, 2018)
Hurricane Lane is expected to turn toward the main Hawaiian Islands later this week. Hawaii and Maui County currently under hurricane watch. While it's impossible to predict the scope of the impact, heavy rains, high winds and surf are expected.
If you are currently staying at a Chase 'N Rainbows property, please assist us by bringing in all furniture from the lanai before noon on Wednesday, August 22. While we hope the storm stays south of Maui, if there is a significant storm event, please follow the storm procedure in place at your resort.
For more information, view links below.