The Color Festival Hawaii
Saturday, April 25, 2020
1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
In the spirit of inclusion, celebrating the beauty of diversity and the uniqueness of each and every child, this spectacular and colorful event will feature energetic, nonstop, live music for dancing from headliner Rayland Baxter of Nashville TN, DJ Boomshot, Shea Butter & The Cream, and Yum Yum Beast…. all leading to the throwing of colors!
Enjoy some of Maui’s best food trucks and sweet treats as well. The message behind a color festival is “inclusion,” that we are all under the same rainbow, living and celebrating life together. Imua Family Services is proud to bring to the Color Festival Hawaii to Maui as a friend-raiser, a family-friendly gathering, and a place for all children to be included.
The Color Festival Hawaii is a modern American version of a traditional Indian Holi Festival, a thousand-year-old ritual of throwing and applying of colored powders on friends and family, which gives the holiday its common name, “Festival of Colors.” Clouds of colors dancing in the wind carry the message of love and happiness across to all who participate.
Event Sponsors include SongDivision, Alaska Airlines, Maui Jim Sunglasses, MauiNOW, PMG, & FHB.
- Wear white so you can leave colorful!
- Color paks and souvenir event T-shirts will be available for purchase at the event
- Wear comfortable shoes/sandals you don’t mind getting full of colorful powder
- The powder is just colored cornstarch and most of it will just blow right off unless you get wet
- We suggest you to wash your clothes right after the festival
- Protecting your eyes with sunglasses or goggles is strongly recommended
- Bring a dust mask or bandana, especially for those with respiratory issues
- Bring plastic bags for your dusted clothes or to cover your car seat after event
Tickets: $20/advance (price increases day of show); $15 keiki age 6-16; FREE for keiki up to 5 years (plus applicable fees)
Tickets on sale: Friday, March 1
04/25/2020 - 1:00am