West Maui Condo Rentals
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM OUR TEAM :
The Chase 'N Rainbows 'Ohana appreciates that the COVID-19 situation presents unprecedented, challenging times for everyone. Because the situation is unfolding at such a rapid pace, we have adopted a commitment to flexibility with our policies for guests holding current reservations scheduled for arrival within the next several weeks. Additionally, we have temporarily adjusted our hours of operation to 8:00 am to 4:00 pm HST Monday through Friday.
STAY AT HOME, WORK FROM HOME:
Late March 22nd, Maui Mayor Michael Victorino announced a "stay at home and work from home" amendment to the Public Health Emergency Rules in an effort to fight the spread of COVID-19. The amendment is effective at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, March 25, 2020. The new order will be in effect until April 30.
Overview of the new amendment:
Order to Stay/Work from home:
- Stay at home or place of lodging except for “essential activities,” “essential businesses” or “government operations”
- Where possible, County of Maui departments will employ tele-work and other methods to provide distancing, while ensuring continuity of services
- NO public or private gatherings outside the home
- Travel limited to essential activities or operation of essential business or essential government function.
Public and Private Facilities and Businesses Required to CLOSE
- All businesses not listed as “essential businesses”
- Restaurants and cafes will be allowed to provide takeout and delivery service
- Bars, nightclubs, theaters, public gathering venues, and tourist attractions
- Gyms, recreation facilities, and other places of public gathering, regardless of size
- County parks, golf course and beach parks are ordered closed
- Violation of the rules is punishable as a misdemeanor, with fines of up to $5,000, up to a year in jail, or both.
“Decisive action is needed to stem the spread of COVID-19 and protect our healthcare resources, our hospital beds, respirators and the health and safety of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals,” Mayor Victorino said. “I humbly ask all of us to do our part to flatten the curve and come together as a community.”
INDEFINITE STATEWIDE 14-DAY QUARANTINE FOR ARRIVALS ON OR AFTER MARCH 26, 2020:
Also, in an unprecedented move, on March 21st Governor Ige announced a new order for a 14-day quarantine for anyone arriving in the state. He said it’s the first of its kind in the nation. This is for both visitors and residents returning to the state. The order goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, March 26, 2020 and remains indefinitely.
Per the Order:
- Those arriving will be asked for ID verification, the location of where they are staying and a phone number for contact. Visitors will be quarantined in the hotel or rented lodging that they are staying.
- The traveler will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the airport.
- The penalty for violation of the order is $5,000 and/or a year in prison.
- The quarantine does not apply to flight crews and pilots.
- The traveler is fully responsible for the cost of the quarantine.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR OUR VALUED GUESTS:
GUESTS CURRENTLY STAYING AT ONE OF OUR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO DEPART THE ISLAND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
GUESTS ARRIVING NOW THROUGH APRIL 30, 2020 ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO CHANGE STAY DATES TO A FUTURE TIME WITH NO PENALTY.
New travel dates need not be immediately decided upon, and this policy may be revisited and revised as events unfold. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH OUR TEAM WE DO OUR BEST TO TAKE CARE OF OUR GUESTS AND OHANA.
We are grateful for your patience while we do our best to answer/return every phone call and email inquiry in a timely, thoughtful and informative manner. Our goal is for you to enjoy your Maui vacation with Chase 'N Rainbows when the time is right for you and for our island community.
With warm aloha and appreciation...
PLEASE CHECK THESE LINKS FOR UPDATED COVID-19 INFORMATION: