Lahaina Halloween - The Ultimate Guide
October 2nd, 2018
Each year on Halloween, Lahaina takes a break from its relaxing, natural state and transforms into a spooky celebration station to be enjoyed by all! Locals and visitors come out in droves to celebrate the best holiday of the year, donning costumes that have been months in the planning.
Celebrations are held at Banyan Tree Park, Campbell Park, and on Front Street, which closes down to all vehicles so the pedestrians can get their party on. Beads are tossed from the lanais above the shops on Front Street, rightfully dubbing the annual Lahaina Halloween Celebration the Mardi Gras of the Pacific. Live music and awesome parties are hosted at various restaurants and bars in downtown Lahaina.
Family-Friendly & Adults-Only Celebrations
The day starts off with family-friendly events, like the Keiki Costume Parade down Front Street and the Family Fun Zone at Campbell Park. The Halloween festivities go all day long, escalating to a more mature party scene as the night progresses with an Adult Halloween Costume Contest and live music. You won't want to miss the most celebrated holiday in Lahaina - Halloween!
2018 Lahaina Halloween Celebration Schedule
- 12pm - 10pm: Commemorative Tee Sale (Campbell Park)
- 3:30pm - 12am: Front Street Closes to Vehicles
- 4pm: Family Fun (Campbell Park)
- 4pm - 5:45pm: Celebrate & Dance with DJ Zinn (Campbell Park)
- 4:30pm: Keiki Costume Parade (Front Street & Banyan Tree Park)
- 5pm-8:45pm: Costume Contest Signup (Pioneer Inn Retail Store on Hotel Street)
- 6pm - 8:30pm: Music with Luna Overdrive (Campbell Park)
- 6:30pm - 9:30pm: Music with DJ Serna (Banyan Tree Park)
- 7pm - 9pm: Costume Content (Banyan Tree Park)
- 9:30pm: Costume Content Winners Announced (Banyan Tree Park)
Lahaina Halloween Celebrations at Restaurants & Bars
- Fleetwood's on Front Street - Fleetwood's is always hoppin' and Halloween is no exception. A $50 pre-purchased ticket will get you into their Yelloween Rooftop VIP Party, with live music from DJ Gary and a glass of Veuve Cliquot Yellow Label from 8pm - 10pm. If you purchase a ticket, you're welcome to stay for the after party from 10pm - 1am. The main floor of Fleetwood's on Front Street will be open to everyone 21+, with live music from DJ Deviant.
- Down the Hatch - Take part in the Keiki Halloween Costume Parade, which ends right outside Down the Hatch, then party all night at Down the Hatch. The evening starts at 7pm with the 35th Annual Ghoulish Gala Costume Karaoke Contest, followed by DJ's, costume contests and three bars flowing with spooky treats.
Getting Around Lahaina on Halloween 2018
If you're planning a trip to Lahaina for Halloween, your best bet is to choose a vacation condo in the area so you can beat the traffic. Chase 'N Rainbows offers a great selection of vacation rentals in Lahaina, so you can decide whether you'd rather stay at Aina Nalu, Lahaina Roads or Lahaina Shores.
Those coming in from Ka'anapali or Napili can take the extended Maui bus with no reservations for $2 each way. If you'll be coming into Lahaina from Wailuku or Kihei you can take the Halloween Express Bus, which will drop you off and pick you up and the intersection of Front Street and Prison Street. Be sure to purchase tickets in advance, which go on sale starting October 21st.